We drive traffic to our website in a number of ways.
- Our Vacation Rental Blogs send visitors to our websites
- Our postcards and business cards include the URL of our websites
- We include the URLs in our email signatures
- We use the URL when we post classifieds
When we first started with Vacation Rental By Owner we didn't have our own website. So the URL we used was our VRBO listing. Fortunately VRBO hasn't gone out of business or changed the URL of our listing, and that link is still valid. However, prospects visiting VRBO are quite likely to see other properties in the same area on the site. Now that we have our own website we can control the message to our visitors.
If you want to get your own URL then are 3 options with varying costs and benefits. I'll go into more detail below.
- Register a domain name and redirect it to an existing listing
- Pay for professional website development for your vacation rental
- Build a website for your vacation rental yourself